Our Science curriculum intent is that children will:
- develop sound scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding,
- understand the nature, processes and methods of science,
- learn to think, speak and write like a scientist,
- understand the uses and implications of science and
- develop a wide scientific vocabulary.
In our science lessons, we ensure that children learn the scientific knowledge required in order to think scientifically. We make observations of phenomena over time, seek patterns and classify in various ways. Children carry out comparative and fair tests to seek answers to scientific questions.