Our curriculum intent for maths is that children will:
- become fluent in the recall of key mathematical facts such as number bonds and times tables,
- become fluent in mental and written calculation strategies,
- have a secure understanding of the underlying structure of mathematical problems,
- develop deep conceptual understanding of mathematical concepts,
- be able to reason and solve a variety of problems and
- develop a wide mathematical vocabulary.
We work very closely with the Maths Hubs in our approach to teaching maths. We value clear and concise explanations of mathematical concepts and we use concrete, pictorial and abstract representations of concepts.